Thursday, December 18, 2014

Collage




• I Create Original Art
   I used my own unique ideas in my artwork by using newspaper articles, pictures, fabric, letters and ribbon. I started out by covering my canvas with red orange and yellow tissue paper then coverin it with random pieces of newspaper and some pictures. Then I added an American flag and pieces of ribbon and a piece of fabric. I did use a source of inspiration because my dads a fireman and he had a lot of newspaper articles and pictures and pieces of things. That I combined all together to make a collage. 
• I Developed my Art Making Skills
         I did learn new techniques or processes as part of the work for this project because I never have really done a collage. I used paint on top of the newspaper articles. I used red orange and yellow tissue paper under the newspaper articles. I also used pieces red magazine pieces and white pieces of magazines to make an american flag. Then I used pieces of blue tissue paper to make the blue part of the American flag and I cut out some stars. Then I cut out random pieces of orange ribbon and placed them randomly. Since this was my first time making a collage I didn't know how it would turn out or if I would like making a collage, but this has been my favorite project so far.
• I Communicate Through my Work
       This artwork is intended to say like without fear there cannot be courage. The issues I am examining through my artwork is how firemen have to have courage to be able to do there job. This art work is about who I am because the fire department is all I've ever known. I practically grew up at the fire station. This artwork is about what I like because since I grew up going to the firestation every day my dad worked I grew up liking that kind of stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment